Finance::Quote problem

GN gnichols at tpg.com.au
Fri Sep 4 01:13:28 EDT 2009

On 09/02/2009 12:30 AM, Erik Colson wrote:
> GN wrote:
>> cpan[8]> install Crypt::SSLeay
>> Crypt::SSLeay is up to date (0.57).
>>
>> SO, you're quite correct. Something is cocked up. BTW I get my quotes
>> from ASX, Yahoo Australia so shouldn't need Crypt::SSLeay by rights.
>>
>> Perhaps I should delete Finance::Quote and cpan and reinstall them.
>> What do you think?
>>
> first you might try to:
>
> cpan> clean Crypt::SSLeay
> cpan> force install Crypt::SSLeay
>
> and the same (clean then force install) with F::Q
>
> This should reinstall both items completely
>
> regards

Hello Erik,

Thank you very much for your assistance. I can now get my quotes.

A very interesting response to the 'clean Finance::Quote' command. See
following;

cpan[4]> clean Finance::Quote
Running clean for module 'Finance::Quote'
Running make clean
Distribution seems to have never been unzipped/untarred, nothing done

cpan[5]>

As cpan said it installed Finance::Quote I am totally at a loss to
explain this.

Anyway, Thank you again for all your help. I am much wiser now :-)

--
Kind regards,

Graeme Nichols.
Registered Linux User 381781 (http://counter.li.org/)