Quickfill Issues

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 11 14:15:27 EDT 2009

So, to summarize the Quickfill status, one can:

1) Accept incoming transactions as is, WITH ALL CAPS AND (1987649124) TRANSACTION CODES,

2) Import them and then retype them again in a format you can read, knowing that the next time you import will be exactly the same, or

3) Download the transactions and edit the raw data before importing into Gnucash.

The only "quick" option is #1, unfortunately.

Since Derek pointed out that the Quickfill database cannot discriminate the imported transactions from edited ones, it would seem the only possible solution is to have these transactions altered before they are committed into the register. That's basically what #3 achieves. But I wonder if there wouldn't be a way to get matching routine of the importer to set the description at the same time it sets the destination account? That way, the Quickfill wouldn't even get the incoming description in the first place.

David