Using Fink to build Gnucash on Snow Leopard (OS/X 10.6)

Steve Drach drach at itsit.org
Mon Sep 7 21:41:55 EDT 2009

I still haven't got the installable Gnucash to work on Snow Leopard,
so I thought I'd try fink, since I was successful building on
Leopard.  I think I've done everything right (see below).  Any
suggestions?

$ fink index -f
Scanning package description files..........
$ fink scanpackages
Password:
Updating the list of locally available binary packages.
Scanning dists/local/main/binary-darwin-i386
Scanning dists/stable/main/binary-darwin-i386
Scanning dists/stable/crypto/binary-darwin-i386
Scanning dists/unstable/main/binary-darwin-i386
Scanning dists/unstable/crypto/binary-darwin-i386
$ fink --version
Package manager version: 0.29.9
Distribution version: selfupdate-rsync Mon Sep  7 18:07:07 2009, 10.6,
i386

Copyright (c) 2001 Christoph Pfisterer
Copyright (c) 2001-2009 The Fink Package Manager Team
$ fink install gnucash2
Scanning package description files..........
Information about 8216 packages read in 6 seconds.
Failed: no package found for specification 'gnucash2'!
$