Beginner - Need Simple Example of Flow

Jimmy Li listsubscriber at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 14 11:19:14 EDT 2009

I am looking to move from Microsoft Money to either QB or GNU Cash. QB folks
were horrible on the phone, so I am looking to GNU Cash as it seems to be
very comparable to QB and maybe even better.

I am looking for an example of a very simple flow and what accounts I need
to setup in GNU Cash to get things done.

Could someone provide a typical setup I would need for my company's typical
flow:
Receive a Service Call
Perform diagnostics for the service call ($45/hr for say 2 hrs)
Send Invoice for service call
Order parts from supplier for the service call ($100 for wholesale parts)
$45 labor).
Send Invoice for parts and installation

I am stuck on how GNU Cash wants the accounts setup and where I enter
different things. Money was simple, but has become unbearably slow and the
invoice templates were the worse. GC looks promising in both of these areas.
I did a search, but didn't see a post which seem to serve as an answer to my
question(s).

Thanks for your help.