Stable vs. Unstable

Yawar Amin yawar.amin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 23:33:29 EDT 2009

Hi Tom,

On 2009-09-17 22:36, T. Howell-Cintron wrote:
> [...]
> So my question is this - I'm content using 2.3.x because it works for me
> and I've already invested a lot of time setting up accounts and the like
> but am I putting myself in great danger?  Should I export my data as XML
>  and downgrade to 2.2.9 and hope that it imports properly?

There shouldn't be any problems with exporting to XML. Both 2.3.5 and
2.2.9 use the exact same XML file format. Go ahead and do it, while also
making sure your backups are safe. Remember most GnuCash users (myself
included) are using the XML file format, so you shouldn't face any
problems with it in the foreseeable future.

HTH,

Yawar