Stable vs. Unstable

T. Howell-Cintron lists at kathera.com
Fri Sep 18 00:51:43 EDT 2009

Yawar Amin wrote:
> There shouldn't be any problems with exporting to XML. Both 2.3.5 and
> 2.2.9 use the exact same XML file format. Go ahead and do it, while also
> making sure your backups are safe. Remember most GnuCash users (myself
> included) are using the XML file format, so you shouldn't face any
> problems with it in the foreseeable future.

Yawar,

Thanks for your feedback.  Is XML the default format in 2.3.5?  From
what I can tell it is, but my Fedora-based 2.2.9 can't seem to open the
file.

My original question, though, was if there were any major changes
planned during the 2.3.x development cycle that would render my data
useless?  If not, I'll happily continue to use 2.3.x and report any bugs
that I encounter.. someone's got to do it, right? :)

-- Tom