Gnucash 2.3.5

Phil Longstaff plongstaff at rogers.com
Fri Sep 18 17:07:05 EDT 2009

On September 18, 2009 04:50:00 pm Colin Scott wrote:
> I have made several postings in here over the past day or so, some of
> which have received a very prompt response, and others have apparently
> been studiously ignored.  Please note this is not a complaint, but as the
> ignored ones refer to some problems with the new reporting system I
> wondered if there mightbe some alternative mailing list where those
> messages should have been sent.  Or is there some other reason why the
> reporting system appears to be a low priority?

The two main mailing lists are gnucash-user (which you sent this e-mail to)
and gnucash-devel.  Gnucash-user should be used for user questions regarding
the stable, released versions (2.2.X).  This can include "how do I..." or
information regarding bugs.  Gnucash-devel should be used for development-
related questions or user questions regarding unstable versions (2.3.X).
Most of the developers subscribe to both.

I did see your question re reports and copying to Excel, and marked it for
follow-up, but have not yet responded.  I wanted to try it first to see what
you meant.

I've been doing most of the integration work for 2.3.X, and wanted to
stabilize the new database before moving on to reports.  That may be why I've
been slower responding to report-related questions.

Phil