Check Printing

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at hotkey.net.au
Tue Sep 22 07:26:03 EDT 2009

On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 06:40:18 am Terry wrote:
> Using Kubuntu Jaunty Jackalope and gnucash 2.2.6
>
> Do not know if this is the latest, but maybe this still applies.
>
> My old check printing template didn't get applied or saved or whatever
> across updates and had to use the custom format option in check
> printing. I like it. It is very easy to use.
>
> Having the following problem:
>
> If I print the custom format directly as when I am testing on blank
> paper, it prints fine. As soon as I save the format and try to print
> under the saved format, everything gets shifted to the right off the
> page. Tried this many times and ended up with a lot of copies of the
> same format - hint - allow the user to delete saved formats - not
> everybody is going to guess where to find the formats and delete the
> format files.

<rest snipped>

I think that no matter what you input, the final figures are points (1/72 of an
inch.)  Not sure of that.

My custom format in ~/.gnucash had acquired a top margin of 69 points.  I
changed that to 0 and everything was fine (I took the opportunity to fine-tune
it to 6 points.)

HTH,

Doug.