Export to XLS or CSV

Yawar Amin yawar.amin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 12:39:59 EDT 2009

Hi Tom,

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 11:19 AM, T. Howell-Cintron <lists at kathera.com> wrote:
[...]
> So my question is this - is it possible to export a single account to a
> format that's usable by Excel?

I've attached a plain text file with a sample of how such an account
listing might look in an Excel worksheet. Is this similar to what you
would need? I know some people have written up scripts/program that
suck in a GnuCash XML file, process it, and spit out these kinds of
plain text, CSV or XLS files. I myself have written a rudimentary
library, in C#, that can do this. (Still tweaking it.)

Each line in the above table would have a single split from your
transactions in GnuCash. There's no good way to put an entire
transaction, including all the splits, in a single line, as far as I
know.

Maybe the jGnucash library can be adapted to give this output? Does anyone know?

Best,

Yawar