Using gnucash on Mac

Ajay sink at opentechsols.com
Thu Sep 24 07:04:57 EDT 2009

Hello

I am trying (very unsuccessfully) to get gnucash working on a Mac.

Are there any gnucash / Mac users out there?
How did you get it to work?

I am trying to set it up through fink. (This has been posted to the
fink-users mailing list too).

gnucash freezes on the splash screen, with no errors / warnings.

I have been trying to setup gnucash since March, but haven't gotten it
working. Any help / info / pointers / location of logs will be highly
appreciated.

My Fink Setup:
Mac OS 10.6.1 (64 bit)
64 bit fink, source version
XCode 3.2, XQuartz 2.3.4

gnucash: 2.2.9 (r17949M)

$ fink -V | head -n2
Package manager version: 0.29.9
Distribution version: selfupdate-rsync Thu Sep 17 06:15:23 2009, 10.6,
x86_64

$ grep Trees /sw/etc/fink.conf
Trees: local/main stable/main stable/crypto unstable/main unstable/
crypto
SelfUpdateTrees: 10.4

$ xcodebuild -version
Trees: local/main stable/main stable/crypto unstable/main unstable/
crypto
SelfUpdateTrees: 10.4

Thanks

Ajay