Using gnucash on Mac

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Thu Sep 24 08:09:15 EDT 2009

On Thursday 24 September 2009 12:04:57 Ajay wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am trying (very unsuccessfully) to get gnucash working on a Mac.
>
> Are there any gnucash / Mac users out there?
> How did you get it to work?
>
> I am trying to set it up through fink. (This has been posted to the
> fink-users mailing list too).
>
> gnucash freezes on the splash screen, with no errors / warnings.
>
> I have been trying to setup gnucash since March, but haven't gotten it
> working. Any help / info / pointers / location of logs will be highly
> appreciated.

Hi Ajay,

I'm not a Mac user, so forgive me if this doesn't help!

I seem to recall that the Mac seems to freeze on the splash screen if another
dialog pops up and the splash hides it.  Possibly the "GC crashed last time"
dialogue.

Look in the directory containing your data file and if there are any .LCK
or .LNK files, delete them.  Or start GC with the --nofile option, and then
file->open.

Others certainly do have GC working on the Mac, and will chime in here, I'm
sure.

HTH,
Maf.