Using gnucash on Mac

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Sep 25 09:32:33 EDT 2009

Hi,

Please remember to CC gnucash-user on all replies using your mailer's
reply-to-list or reply-all functionality...

Ajay <sink at opentechsols.com> writes:

> On Sep 24, 2009, at 10:35 AM, Derek Atkins wrote:
>
>     Why don't you download the 2.2.9 DMG from Sourceforge?
>
>     -derek
>
> Thanks for pointing that out. Last time I check, a DMG did not exist!

It's been available for a few weeks now.

> Unfortunately, Snow leopard (10.6.1) doesn't open the downloaded DMG! When I
> try, I get:
>
> The following disk images couldn't be opened
> Gnucash-Intel-2.2.9.3   Corrupt Image

This sounds like either an upload or download problems.  Other people
have been able to run the DMG on 10.4, 10.5, AND 10.6

> I tried downloading file >From 3 different mirrors. Same error from each
> mirror.
>
> This leads me to believe that the DMG file may be only compatible with (32
> bit) 10.5, and not (64 bit) 10.6. Is there any validity to this reasoning?

Nope, your reasoning is incorrect.

> Any solutions?

Umm, we need to make sure the mirror is correct, but it sounds like
a transmission error either up or down.

> Thanks
>
> Ajay

-derek