Using gnucash on Mac

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Sep 25 10:05:54 EDT 2009

On Sep 25, 2009, at 3:43 AM, Ajay wrote:

> I downloaded the 2.3.5 on Snow Leopard, and it installed fine!
> Awesome. It looks much better than the fink version.
>
> PS (OT): Would it be possible to list a few pointers for creating a
> DMG file for a linux package. I volunteered to do that for Gcompris.
> Any help would be appreciated.
> PPS: This is the email that I forgot to do a Reply All on, so it
> didn't come to the list. Pasted here for completion sake
>
> Thanks for pointing that out. Last time I check, a DMG did not exist!
>
> Unfortunately, Snow leopard (10.6.1) doesn't open the downloaded
> DMG! When I try, I get:
>
> The following disk images couldn't be opened
> Gnucash-Intel-2.2.9.3   Corrupt Image
>
> I tried downloading file from 3 different mirrors. Same error from
> each mirror.
>
> This leads me to believe that the DMG file may be only compatible
> with (32 bit) 10.5, and not (64 bit) 10.6. Is there any validity to
> this reasoning?

I'll check the dmg this morning. 2.2.9.3 is a new version I just put
up yesterday, and it's possible that there was a glitch either with
creating it or uploading it.

As for help with porting other packages to OSX, I have a whole
sourceforge project for that. Visit http://gtk-osx.sourceforge.net.
There's a forum and a mailing list for support.

Regards,
John Ralls