Placeholder Accounts report 0 balances, why?

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Fri Apr 2 09:04:20 EDT 2010

Jay,
    Whether subtotal amounts appear there (or below) and whether zero
amounts show, etc.  are report options to be selected. You'll have to
play around a bit with the options till you get the reports displaying
the way that you want.  You generate the report, edit the options (and
apply) and the report will change. For example, in my case I prefer
(using your example).

Assets
           Current Assets
                  Amerprise - CDs        $12,062.11
                  Checking Accounts   $16,527.12
                  Savings Account        $740.74
          Total Current Assets                            $25,329.97
Total Assets
     $600,797.40

But with a different choice of report options you could have what you
expected:
Assets:            $600,787.40
        Current Assets:        $25,329.97
                  Amerprise - CDs        $12,062.11
                  Checking Accounts   $16,527.12
                  Savings Account        $740.74

Michael D Novack

--
There is no possibility of social justice on a dead planet except the equality of the grave.