Placeholder Accounts report 0 balances, why?

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Sat Apr 3 08:56:55 EDT 2010

> I was able to get the reports to print the way I wanted... Now for the
> big question ... Is there any way of making a selection permanent? I
> would like to be able to save a particular set of options for each
> report I need.

Jay,
    I find it mildly annoying to have to reset ALL the options I want
each time running a report. But I would find "saving"as in "save the
report" rather useless since there is always something that needs to be
edited; the effective date(s)  if nothing else.

    I think what we would be wanting here is to make option changes
"sticky" instead of returning to the default each time. That's not the
same thing as "permanent" and even that  would only be partially useful
to folks like me who use the application to keep more than one set of
books (no guarantee you'd want the same report options).

Michael