Placeholder Accounts report 0 balances, why?

Colin Scott gnucash at double-bars.net
Sat Apr 3 16:57:00 EDT 2010

>  there is always something that needs to be
> edited; the effective date(s)  if nothing else.

I don't think I ever need to alter the effective dates - there are plenty
of options for dates that are sufficiently generalised to make this
usually unnecessary.

Nonetheless, it is amazing that although you can save a report (using the
Add Report button) it is nigh-on impossible to save an amended version of
a report so saved.  It seems to me that this is an area of GC that needs
to be urgently addressed, and made to work the way any sane user would
expect it to work!  ;-)

Colin