Account Balances Louse-up?

Felix Karpfen felix.karpfen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 19:58:49 EDT 2010

After some initial problems, I succeeded in setting up a set of
accounts in GnuCash 2.2.6; the accounts had correct "Opening Balances"
and appeared to be doing all the right things.

But I have overreached <myself | my understanding of Gnucash features>.

24 hours after recording correct entries in my Income and Expenses
Accounts, Gnucash automatically transferred these new entries to
"Equity" and left me with zero balances in the Income/Expenditure
(sub)-accounts.  The transfers were identified as a "split
transaction" and entered as a "Rebate" in the <Income|Expenditure>
accounts.  I consider this to be an undesirable automated routine.

So what did I do wrong?

--
Felix Karpfen