eguile dev environment

Chris Dennis cgdennis at btinternet.com
Fri Apr 9 04:49:56 EDT 2010

Mike Alexander wrote:
> --On April 7, 2010 7:52:53 AM +0100 Chris Dennis
> <cgdennis at btinternet.com> wrote:
>
>>> Would it be ok to get the eguile
>>> balance sheet report installed?
>>
>> Yes.  I tried to get people interested in it last year, but got no
>> response.  I think it needs more testing to make sure that the
>> numbers are correct.
>
> I've used it a bit and the numbers it produces seem to agree with those
> produced by the old balance sheet report.  It does calculate them in a
> rather different way.  I'm not familiar enough with accounting practices
> to know which is more appropriate.

It works for me, but I don't do complicated things like foreign
currencies and commodities.  And unlike the original balance sheet it
doesn't do anything with 'unrealised gains/losses' because I don't know
what they are.

There was also some discussion about what should go on which side of the
balance sheet -- if there's interest, there could be an option for
different layouts.

> Perhaps I'll look into checking this in if others think it is
> appropriate to do so.

Sounds good to me.

cheers

Chris