From Windows to Linux

Jim Bojan bojan.jim at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 13:46:33 EDT 2010

One of the main reasons I tried Gnucash was to find an alternative to
Quicken that would run on Linux, so that I could move away from Windows.
Now it dawned on me that I have spent a considerable amount of time setting
up my Windows Gnucash (mostly automated banking through AqBanking and
such).  In the beginning, I planned on just moving the data file over to
Linux.  Now I realize that much of my set up is kept within the .banking and
other folders in my "documents and settings" folder.  Can I simply copy
these folders into my home directory in Linux, or do I have to re-set up my
banks through AqBanking?

In addition, has anyone opened a common data file in different OS's?  i.e. I
have Windows at work and will use Linux at home.  I planned on keeping the
data file on Dropbox, and be able to access it anywhere (this is what I did
with Quicken).  Will this work (assuming the same version of Gnucash on all
machines)?