Printer question, none show up

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Fri Apr 9 23:58:11 EDT 2010

--On April 9, 2010 9:40:14 PM -0600 Ken Springer
<snowshed at dishmail.net> wrote:

> What's the X-Window version of GnuCash?  I think I have a vague
> understanding of what X Windows originally was, but not sure how it
> applies here.  I do know I've got an open source graphics program,
> Inkscape, that uses X-Windows, and that's about all I know about
> X-Windows.

X Window is a windowing system that is used widely on many computer
platforms, including MacOSX.  See
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_window>, there are links from this page
to information about Quartz too.  It's the windowing system used by
most versions of GnuCash on most platforms.  The Quartz based version
of GnuCash, which I assume you are using (although you haven't said
so), is much more recent and (I think) used by relatively few people.
If you were to switch to the X-Window version on your Mac, printing
might work better (although GnuCash wouldn't have the native look and
feel the Quartz version has).  Since I have never tried the Quartz
version I can't say too much about how it compares to the X Window
version.

        Mike