One customer paying for another customer invoice?

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Fri Apr 16 20:33:19 EDT 2010

edog5948 wrote:

>I have two customers.
>I have invoiced both customers
>
>First customer has paid second customer amount of my invoice.
>Second customer has paid his invoice plus that amount of first customer.
>
>How do I record this?

Not precisely a GnuCash question but a general business
practice/accounting problem. The usual solution is to have an account
(usually) named "suspense" so you can deposit the checks with the
opposite side of the transaction being "suspense". A temporary bucket
until you get the mess straightened out. Any non-zero balance in
"suspense" means an as yet unresolved problem. In this case you won't
know what to do until you have contacted both of these people.

Michael

--
There is no possibility of social justice on a dead planet except the equality of the grave.