setting next invoice number (mysql system)

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Sat Apr 17 04:22:09 EDT 2010

On Saturday 17 April 2010 02:15:00 Phil Longstaff wrote:
> To tell you the truth, I don't know how I store it either.  It's possible
> that it is being stored in the slots which works fine for XML because when
> you write the file, the book and its slots are written.  For SQL, however,
> the call writing the slots needs to be surrounded by
> gnc_book_begin_edit()/gnc_book_commit_edit() to force an update.  I'll
> check it out.
>
>  Phil

Hi,

I haven't done much with any 2.3.x releases yet, just a bit of experimenting.
I did installed 2.3.9 (I think) and opened an existing 2.2.9 data file, which
contained invoices.  The gncInvoice counter exists in the slots table in the
MySQL db which resulted.

Not sure if the OP is starting from a new db or an XML file.

Maf.