GnuCash 2.3.1 fails silently to open gnucash database

Robert Fleming fleminra at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 18:47:25 EDT 2010

Hi,

I seem to be having the same problem as described here <
http://web.archiveorange.com/archive/v/4bd7mgyyFWlNWzq5FwB0> and <
http://svn.gnucash.org/logs/2007/01/2007-01-28.html>.

When I tell GnuCash to open my PostgreSQL database, I can see that it's
working to fetch the data, but then the main GnuCash window comes up empty,
with only the "Save" and "Close" buttons on the toolbar, a blank space below
it, BUT with the correct "URL" of my database appearing in the title bar.

This is what I see in my /tmp/gnucash.trace:
* 12:08:06  WARN <gnc.gui> error reading group Window 1 key PageCount: Key
file does not have group 'Window 1'

I've attached the full gnucash.trace form when I run GnuCash with "--debug".

Nothing gets printed on the console from which GnuCash was started.

I've tried renaming my "~/.gnucash" directory so that GnuCash would create a
new one, but it didn't help.

Sorry if this has been covered already, I couldn't find any other mention of
it..

Thanks,
Robert