dbi.h missing

Bill Hammond ka1ssr at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 20:10:21 EDT 2010

Hello!

My apologies if this is the wrong list to ask this question.

I have a build issue under Ubuntu 9.10.  I recently checked out version
2.3.12 of gnucash.  autogen.sh ran with no errors, but configure
complained that it couldn't find dbi.h.  Running configure with
--disable-dbi makes configure happy and the make runs normally, as does
make install.  Gnucash runs fine with no complaints once the dust
settles.

Question: Does configuring without dbi hurt anything?  What package has
dbi.h?  "apt-get build-dep gnucash" tells me that all dependencies are
up-to-date.

Again, sorry if this should be posted to the development list or if this
is in the wiki or readmes.  I couldn't find it anywhere.

Bill