Reconcile Will NOT Allow Finish

FireFly fireflys_98 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 24 15:53:03 EDT 2010

--- On Sat, 4/24/10, Jay Ridgley <jridgley2 at austin.rr.com> wrote:

> From: Jay Ridgley <jridgley2 at austin.rr.com>
> Subject: Re: Reconcile Will NOT Allow Finish
> >
> Then for every OUTSTANDING entry I must post it as cleared
> and then go back and mark it unreconciled( that was what I
> did ). Somehow this seems counter productive. We should be
> able to run clearing any time we have a statement from our
> bank.
>
> The other alternative is to exclude the OUTSTANDING
> entries... does deleting them from the clearing panel ONLY
> impact the clearing or does it also affect the transaction
> as well???
>
> Cheers,
> Jay

Lost me completely I'm afraid,

I guess let me explain what I do, and see if it helps,

So for an account that I don't import from the bank, I click on reconcile, put in the statement date and the ending balance (starting balance should be correct, since that's the amount as of last time you reconciled)

It brings up a window with funds in on the left, and funds out on the right at the bottom it tells me statement date, starting balance, ending balance, reconciled amount and difference.

I then select the correct funds in, and out (as appeared on the statement) to get my difference to 0, and reconciled amount to equal the ending balance. At that point the "Finish" button becomes available, and I move forward.

Does that help at all?

James Duerr