help

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Aug 16 14:41:46 EDT 2010

On Aug 15, 2010, at 10:13 PM, Jill Albright wrote:

> i have an ibook G4 with tiger 10.4 os, and i have downloaded cups and gnucash, but i can't get it to open.  any ideas?  jill

You wrote to the developer's list, which is for developers and beta testers. This is a user question, so please join the user's list for your reply. (Please also be sure to "reply all" so that your response goes to the list as well as to me.)

Now, what can't you get to open? The DMG or Gnucash.app? Did you copy Gnucash.app to your hard disk? (Most people put it in the Applications folder.) Did the authentication dialog box come up to create the link? Did the link (to /opt/gnucash-2.2.9) get created? (You can check it in Finder using Go>Go to Folder and typing /opt in the dialog box.)

Regards,
John Ralls