OFX DirectConnect?

Martin Preuss martin at aqbanking.de
Mon Aug 16 17:38:41 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm currently working on getting AqBanking5 out of the door.

Before the release I would like to check on the state of the OFX DirectConnect
implementation in AqBanking:
- is this protocol used by any GnuCash user?
- does it work like it is supposed to (I only have a test account, and with
that it does work, but I'd like to know whether it still works with real
servers)

I'm asking because I heard about proprietary changes in the login procedure a
few months back which AqBanking currently can't support (because we have no
information about the new procedures).

If these changes prevent AqBanking from providing statement download via OFX
DirectConnect I might as well drop support for this protocol (since in
additition to these problems the information about required server settings is
extremely hard to come by).

Regards
Martin

--
"Things are only impossible until they're not"

Martin Preuss - http://www2.aquamaniac.de/
AqBanking - http://www.aqbanking.de/
LibChipcard - http://www.libchipcard.de/