Custom Reports

Colin Scott gnucash at double-bars.net
Tue Aug 17 17:33:00 EDT 2010

> MAYBE --- I don't use the saving of reports so perhaps I don't
> fully understand the problem. But I suspect this MIGHT be more of a
> matter of not understanding what to save. See, a report typically
> has a number of "constant" changes that you want compared to the
> off the shelf report and a number of "variable" changes which will
> be different every time you run the report (the accounts and their
> contents, the dates, etc.).

Trust me, I *do* know what I am talking about. If you don't actually save
reports then you clearly cannot.

I should say I have a clear understanding of what I need from the
reporting system.  What I get isn't quite it, but with appropriate
tweaking it's near enough - and I have to tell you that's praise indeed,
and it's several orders of magnitude closer than I've found from quite a
the obvious commercial products.  In fact, I used to work for a very
successful company  - alas, long ago purchased and killed by Sage <spit!>
- whose business was commercial accounting packagages, and what gnucash
produces is in some ways closer than I would have got from their
products!

Colin