Custom Reports

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Wed Aug 18 07:35:21 EDT 2010

Colin Scott wrote:

>>MAYBE --- I don't use the saving of reports so perhaps I don't
>>fully understand the problem. ........ "constant changes" (apply to the modified report every time run) ......"variable changes" (apply just to each individual run)
>>

>Trust me, I *do* know what I am talking about. If you don't actually save
>reports then you clearly cannot.

Colin -- I don't understand what you are saying. WHAT can't you do? (by
not saving the report each time run)

Are you saying that you can't make all the "constant changes", save
THAT, and each time you run the report select options to modify with the
"variable data", the throw it away (don't save it).

Or do you just mean that you can't save each resulting report (each
INSTANCE of a run).

I was suggesting that perhaps you shouldn't be trying to do the latter.
It's only not being able to do the first that would be a problem as I
see it. I wouldn't expect to be saving each instance of the report
WITHIN GnuCash. More or less confusing "program" and "data" (what you
want the report to do vs the particular report instance with particular
parameters "dates").

Michael