Custom Reports

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Wed Aug 18 19:25:39 EDT 2010

On Wednesday 18 August 2010 21:46:04 Mike or Penny Novack wrote:
  Thus if I were creating a report  with sensible human name
> XYZ instead of ever saving to that name might choose to save to XYZv01
> (the first time). The next saved name chosen would be XYZv02, etc.
>
> Michael

Hi Mike,

Yes, but the current implementation of "Save Report" in GC will require that
v02 depends on v01 which depends on the template (ad infinitum)

Also, there is a (possibly resolved? (in 2.4?)) bug to do with the way these
saved reports are presented in the menu structure (to do with keyboard
shortcut assignment) whereby the naming scheme you propose would rapidly
break due to similar report titles.

If I tweak my accounts structure, it isn't unreasonable to expect that I would
be able to edit and resave (under the same name) some existing useful report
that I have defined to reflect the altered accounts.  Or to easily delete
some report that I no longer need without possibly breaking other reports
(by easily, I mean in the GUI.)

just my tuppence worth.
Maf.