Custom Reports

Colin Scott gnucash at double-bars.net
Thu Aug 19 04:25:00 EDT 2010

> Yes, although I would be careful to distinguish between "CONSTANTS"
> (that are being changed from the supplied template) and
> "PARAMETERS" which are different every time the report is run.

Frankly I don't see there is any significant difference.  There is
nothing I need to change when running the reports in the usual way of
things (fortunately for me the dates I select are generic (eg "today",
"start/end of period" etc).  But (partly through a certain lack of vision
in the design) I need to regularly revise the reports to reflect the
somewhat organic nature of a set of accounts.

>  etc.yes these properly would
> (and sometimes should) require saving the reports to a new name.

Please don't patronise your readership by assuming you know their usage
and requirements better than they do.

Colin