Phantom bill

Wouter van Marle wouter at squirrel-systems.com
Mon Aug 23 05:15:54 EDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-08-23 at 10:08 +0100, Maf. King wrote:
> On Monday 23 August 2010 09:39:32 Wouter van Marle wrote:
> >
> > So re-running all those log files is impractical if possible in the
> > first place.
> >

> Ah, had a feeling you might say that, based on earlier posts in the thread.
>
> like I said -
> > > just a thought
>
> How about a hand-edit of the data file to set the transaction total to 0 -
> usual "not-supported" and "make lots of backups" warnings apply....

Sounds scary :) I prefer some counter transactions to balance. Then
turnover may be too high (too bad) but at least profits are correct.

But how to do it?
When I had a glance at this data file it was a binary... that's hard to
edit. And how to find it? My data file is just over 1 MB in size. And
can't discover what kind of compression used (if any).

Wouter.