Phantom bill

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Mon Aug 23 06:25:08 EDT 2010

On Monday 23 August 2010 10:15:54 Wouter van Marle wrote:

> Sounds scary :) I prefer some counter transactions to balance. Then
> turnover may be too high (too bad) but at least profits are correct.
>
> But how to do it?
> When I had a glance at this data file it was a binary... that's hard to
> edit. And how to find it? My data file is just over 1 MB in size. And
> can't discover what kind of compression used (if any).
>
> Wouter.
>
> > Maf.

Hi,

Data file is XML (on stable versions of GC, 2.3.x adds some other formats),
there is an option to store it compressed (Edit -> Prefs -> General) - either
uncheck that and save, or IIRC it is GZ compression, you can do something
like "gunzip myfile.xac"

As to how to find the txn in a text editor, well, you know some information
about the txn from GC, you could maybe search for the date, or bill ref.
number, which would probably let you find it quickly.

Derek may want to chime in with a good reason not to do this (other than it is
unsupported...)

Maf.