CSV Import

David Halverson hellvee at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 16:41:25 EDT 2010

Hi Marx,

I'm using the latest 2.3.15 unstable version on Win 7 as I'm not worried if
I lose any data and I'm familiarising myself with the product - have been
for a few months now :-)

When you import a csv file into 2.3.15 you have the following columns
available to select from :-

Date (various formats you select from)
Description
Balance
Deposit
Withdrawal

It doesn't seem to like any headers in the csv file so delete them if they
are in your file.  One of my banks includes available balance lines with a
zero transaction amount which I also delete but they are happily imported -
they are highlighted in a different colour when importing but seem harmless.

You can also get away with a single amount column - if you specify it as
"Deposit" on the import any negative amounts are imported as withdrawals.

As far as I'm aware you can only import to a single account so if you want
to import to more than one account you might have to split your csv file and
do more than one import.

Cheers Dave H.