Quicken (chase) credit card with OFX

David G. Hamblen dhamblen at roadrunner.com
Fri Aug 27 06:13:01 EDT 2010

On 08/26/2010 11:02 PM, David Reiser wrote:
> On Aug 26, 2010, at 12:22 PM, David G. Hamblen wrote:
>

>> I've finally gotten my quicken downloads to work with gnucash, but there was one wrinkle not discussed in the wiki.  I used the Aqbanking wizard to create a new user, and tried to download the Accounts, and nothing much appeared to happen.  The ofx.log didn't show any errors, and it contained my correct credit card number; so I knew it was connecting.
>>
>> What I had to do was enter the Account information manually (the wiki says you shouldn't need to do this).  Once I entered the account manually, I was able to download transactions from ofx.chase.com.  Perhaps a note about manually creating accounts in the wiki is in order.
>>
>> Dave
>>
> Coincidentally, just this morning I was doing the same thing with my Chase accounts, and the wizard did retrieve the accounts correctly. Did you look in the Accounts tab after retrieving them. You get dumped back into the Users tab when you leave the dialog that has the Retrieve Accounts button. Also, you should have seen the accounts after you closed the setup wizard and you continued "Forward" in the overall Online Banking Setup where it asks you to identify gnucash accounts to match the ones from the wizard.

Interesting.  I got dumped back to the initial "Start OnLine Banking
Wizard" screen, and  "Forward" showed no new Account entries available.
Exiting and re-entering the wizard did nothing new.  Maybe some other
options on the "General"  tab of the "User Configuration" screen would
affect things (SSLv3, etc)?  I'll backup my .aqbanking directory and try
some things.
> Strange things do happen occasionally with the wizard. I haven't noticed it lately, but some changes aren't visible until you leave the wizard and come back (click OK to complete the aqbanking part, and then immediately relaunch the Aqbanking Wizard).

BTW, the wizard is a standalone program which can be run without
gnucash  [/usr/lib/aqbanking/plugins/29/wizards/qt3-wizard].