Quicken (chase) credit card with OFX

David G. Hamblen dhamblen at roadrunner.com
Fri Aug 27 06:58:12 EDT 2010

On 08/27/2010 06:13 AM, David G. Hamblen wrote:
> On 08/26/2010 11:02 PM, David Reiser wrote:
>> On Aug 26, 2010, at 12:22 PM, David G. Hamblen wrote:
>>
>>> I've finally gotten my quicken downloads to work with gnucash, but
>>> there was one wrinkle not discussed in the wiki.  I used the
>>> Aqbanking wizard to create a new user, and tried to download the
>>> Accounts, and nothing much appeared to happen.  The ofx.log didn't
>>> show any errors, and it contained my correct credit card number; so
>>> I knew it was connecting.
>>>
>>> What I had to do was enter the Account information manually (the
>>> wiki says you shouldn't need to do this).  Once I entered the
>>> account manually, I was able to download transactions from
>>> ofx.chase.com.  Perhaps a note about manually creating accounts in
>>> the wiki is in order.
>>>
>>> Dave
>> Coincidentally, just this morning I was doing the same thing with my
>> Chase accounts, and the wizard did retrieve the accounts correctly.
>> Did you look in the Accounts tab after retrieving them. You get
>> dumped back into the Users tab when you leave the dialog that has the
>> Retrieve Accounts button. Also, you should have seen the accounts
>> after you closed the setup wizard and you continued "Forward" in the
>> overall Online Banking Setup where it asks you to identify gnucash
>> accounts to match the ones from the wizard.
>>
> Interesting.  I got dumped back to the initial "Start OnLine Banking
> Wizard" screen, and  "Forward" showed no new Account entries
> available.  Exiting and re-entering the wizard did nothing new.  Maybe
> some other options on the "General"  tab of the "User Configuration"
> screen would affect things (SSLv3, etc)?  I'll backup my .aqbanking
> directory and try some things.

Replying to my own post, selecting "Force SSLv3" succeeded in
downloading the account info.  Or maybe it was deleting 5 extra accounts
that I wasn't using.  Or a different sequence of OK, Apply, Get
Accounts, etc.  Over the past year or so, I've tried various things like
this without success until today :-) .