Mac OS/X snow leopard finance-quote problem with make

sdrach drach at itsit.org
Sat Aug 28 22:37:04 EDT 2010

OS/X 10.6.4 Snow Leopard
Gnucash 2.2.9 installed from downloadable dmg image

I installed this a while back, then followed instructions to install
finance-quote and everything worked smoothly.

Then my hard drive failed, so I installed a new one and restored (actually
migrated) from Time Machine.  Now Gnucash doesn't see finance-quote.  So I
check it

------
$ /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/bin/gnc-fq-check

You need to install the following Perl modules:
  Finance::Quote
  HTML::TableExtract
  Crypt::SSLeay
  Date::Manip

Use your system's package manager to install them,
or run 'gnc-fq-update' as root.
missing-lib
--------

Fine, so I run gnc-fq-update and get the following.  Sorry, it's a bit long.
The bottom line is it doesn't like (NOT OK) the make it finds.  Can anyone
give me a clue on how to proceed.  I'm tired of banging my head against
wall.

$ /usr/bin/make -v
GNU Make 3.81
This program built for i386-apple-darwin10.0

--------
x Finance-Quote-1.17/Documentation/License
x Finance-Quote-1.17/Documentation/README
Warning (usually harmless): 'YAML' not installed, will not store persistent
state

  CPAN.pm: Going to build E/EC/ECOCODE/Finance-Quote-1.17.tar.gz

Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Writing Makefile for Finance::Quote
Could not read
'/Users/drach/.cpan/build/Finance-Quote-1.17-CA3sG9/META.yml'. Falling back
to other methods to determine prerequisites