qif import

Paul Hansen paul.hansen.name at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 09:32:56 EST 2010

Hi everyone

I am using version 2.3.16 on Ubuntu 10.04

I am trying to import a qif file that I am creating manually to figure out
the format.

Gnucash asks some account questions, possibly because I formatted the qif
file erroneously. Even though I have two !Account statements, gnucash only
asks once for Assets-account information which leads to these two questions:
How do I specify the two accounts in a transaction?
Is it not possible to use two Assets accounts in the same qif file?

Here is my attempt:

Accounts in gnucash :
-------------------------------
Assets:Current Assets:Cash