Account not shown in 2.2.9 shows in 2.2.6

Bruce fourbruce2 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 5 23:20:44 EST 2010

I have been using GnuCash 2.2.6 for several years.  I have a 9 Megabyte
GnuCash .xac file which goes back to 2001.

I have been using GnuCash 2.2.6 built from r17427 built on 2008-12-21 in
Linux Mint 7 Gloria.
I can display all account including the one with the most entries: Cash

I installed GnuCash 2.2.9 built from r17949 on 2010-03-23 in Lucid Puppy
5.1.1.
It displays all accounts except Cash.  When I try to show the "Cash"
account, only the titles show and the background is whatever was there
before.  If it is the account list it show that, If it was another account,
then the lines of that account show.

I tried putting GnuCash 2.2.6 on Lucid by copying all the "gnucash"
directories from the running Mint 7.  The problem still existed.  The "Cash"
account would not show.

This points to a library problem and not the gnucash portion.  Which library
do I need to change to fix this problem of not showing the largest account.

-Bruce.