Transfers Between Bank Accounts

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 6 15:03:27 EST 2010

Vanessa--

The Imbalance-CAD happens upon import because you didn't assign your incoming transactions to a destination, and Gnucash (being a double entry bookkeeping system) requires one. By default, this becomes that imbalance account. When you are importing transactions, you can select destination accounts by double-clicking on transactions and filling in the appropriate account. Then, when you do the import for the next account, it should find and match the transaction that is there.

Since you already have two separate transactions, one from each account going to Imbalance, you need to edit the transaction in Account A and change the destination account to Account B, and then DELETE the transaction in Account B. That should straighten it out.

HTH,
David