Guidance on a Year-To-Year Comparison Report

Manfred Usselmann usselmann.m at icg-online.de
Thu Dec 16 05:21:36 EST 2010

Hi David,

On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 19:56:03 -0800 (PST)
"David T." <sunfish62 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am interested in having a two column report that would compare
> amounts for two comparable periods of time. This would allow me to
> compare my spending in those accounts over two comparable time
> periods. The report would allow you to select the accounts to
> compare, and specify established time periods for the two columns
> (for example, Year-to-Year, Consecutive Quarters, First Quarter,
> etc.).

Excellent idea! This is something I would like to have as well and I
assume this would be of use to others too.

I can even imagine that allowing more than two columns may make sense.

> Additionally, it might allow specification of the starting
> year (e.g., entering 2008 would establish a report for 2008-2009).
>
> I'd give it a shot with the new reporting modules in 2.3.17, but need
> help even knowing where to start.

Unfortunately I also don't know where to start.

Manfred

--
Manfred Usselmann <usselmann.m at icg-online.de>