credit card: report of how much I spent in one year

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Dec 17 11:24:33 EST 2010

Hi,

Uwe Brauer <oub at mat.ucm.es> writes:

> Hello
>
> I want to keep things simple and only enter my monthly
> credit card bill in my credit card account. I pay that bill
> using my checking account.
>
> Now the simple question is how can I know how much I spent
> say in one year.
>
> The easiest solution would be "not to pay" the bill via my
> checking account. But that can't be the solution.
>
> I looked in the help and googled around can't find a
> solution can somebody help me please.

It's pretty simple:

* Open up your Credit Card Account
* View -> Filter By...
* Select the [Date] page
* Select Range (and set the date range you want, like 1/1 -> 12/31)
* Click [OK]
* Reports -> Account Report

Then you'll see "Total Debits" and "Total Credits".  In your case you'll
want "Total Credits" which is how much you spent on the card within the
timeframe.  The "Total Debits" would be how much you paid to the card.

Enjoy!