Installing Finance::Quote on my XP machine

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Sat Dec 18 11:36:12 EST 2010

Hi,

On Sat, December 18, 2010 10:49 am, d0npatt1 wrote:
> Help!
>

> I am wanting to install Finance::Quote on my new installation of GnuCash
> but
> I don't seem to able to figure it out. I am not a programmer and the
> directions are confusing to me. Can you help me? I am using Windows XP
> with
> GnuCash 2.2.9  Also, why in the world isn't this feature included as part
> of
> the normal download.?!

As per the instructions at
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Windows#Finance::Quote all you need to do is:

1) Download and Install ActivePerl 5.8 or 5.10
2) Run Start -> GnuCash -> Install Online Price Retrieval

It is included, but it's not installed by default because we didn't want
to include or require our own version of PERL.