Total transactions by Description

Rich Stanton richstanton at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 13:08:46 EST 2010

> > Is there an easy way to do this?  I want to summarise expenses to one
> > particular company over a certain time period.  E.g. if I want to know
how
> > much money I spent at Tesco's in the last year.  I can search, which
shows
> > individual transactions, but there's no total.  I can get totals by
> > account
> > (e.g. how much did I spend on groceries) but I want to just search for
one
> > company.  I'm aware of the macro to pull money data in OOO base, but
> > wondered if there was an easier way before I go re-inventing the wheel!
>
> Search for transactions to pick out the exact set of transactions you want
> (including a date), and then run Reports -> Account Report from the
> resulting register window.  It will show you the totals you want.

Thanks - it looks as though that's what I'm after, but the totals don't add
up.  For example I did my search & it found 3 entries for £102.50 each.  For
each entry there was £102.50 going out of my debit or credit card account,
and £102.50 going in to the groceries account.  This should give a total of
£307.50.  But total debits = £205, total credits = £102.50 & Net change =
£102.50.

Have I misunderstood something?