Print invoice with payments shown?

RichTWebGuy rich.trefz at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 11:09:50 EST 2010

Derek, Mike
Thanks for your responses.  I see it now.  I didn't realize how 'context
sensitive' the options button is.  I need to have a 'printable invoice' tab
open to see the right options.

In my case, I trying to handle the 'down payment' case.  I've had trouble
finding an invoice systems that handles it nicely. So one way I see to
handle it in gnuCash is to put 0.5 for quantity and set unit price of the
full amount. Then send the invoice which will read as half the full amount.
Then process their payment and switch the quantity to 1.0, before
re-invoicing. Is there a better way to invoice for 1/2 the total amount
up-front?
--Rich