Zonealarm warning

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Sat Dec 25 12:44:21 EST 2010

jomali wrote:

>Very important - disconnect from the Internet before turning off antivirus
>and firewalls and turn them back on before re-connecting.
>
>jomali
>
>On Sat, Dec 25, 2010 at 12:52 AM, Dennis Powless <claven123 at gmail.com>wrote:

Absolutely! (keeping in mind that no antivirus can provide absolute
protection in any case).

Another thing that you can do assuming your operating system allows this
(most in use nowadays do) is to have a user log in WITHOUT
administrative rights under which you use almost all of the time except
when you absolutely need them. In other words, log in as administrator
to install software and then as soon as you don't need these powers
close that session. This increases safety somewhat as in most cases if
something malicious gets in control of your session it might be unable
to do anything that session lacked rights to do. An easy habit for me
after decades in the cypher mines where I only logged in "production"
when I absolutely needed those rights but spent all the rest of the time
logged in "development"

Safe work habits are as important as antivirus, etc.

Michael