Automatic Retrieval of Quotes

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 27 16:14:48 EST 2010

Dean--

There are a couple of areas that might be causing you trouble.

1) The Read Me says the following under the Finance::Quote section:

"You'll need to have Developer Tools (Tiger or Leopard) or XCode (Snow
Leopard) installed. It's available as an optional install on your
installation DVD."

Did you install the Developer Tools?

2) Your log shows that writing files is not working (each time CPAN tries to install a different supporting package, you get the NOT OK error). This would suggest to me that the permissions are not allowing you write access. It has been some time since I installed these Perl programs, so I can't remember whether I had to use the 'sudo' command to invoke the installation, or whether there is some change you need to the permissions in your Applications folder.

If you're supposed to use sudo, then you can try issuing the command: 'sudo {path-to-gnc-fq-update}' and enter your password when prompted.

If your permissions are messed up, then use Apple's Disk Utility (Applications->Utilities->Disk Utility.app) to check and repair permissions on your hard drive, and see whether that fixes things.

I hope this helps,
David