Gnucash 2.4.0 (Windows)

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Dec 28 08:52:36 EST 2010

Mortimer <mortimer.hobart at gmail.com> writes:

> Why does it connect to the internet at load up? Why will it not run
> unless it can connect to the internet?

The reason is ORBIT (the Gnome CORBA system); it uses the system's
Internet Address for local inter-process communication.  ORBIT is an
indirect dependency of GnuCash, it's something that gets used by our
dependencies, but not directly by Gnucash.  It's not our code, and it's
not something that we can easily fix.