Qif Import show Date format unercognized

David Halverson hellvee at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 21:46:28 EST 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: gnucash-user-bounces at gnucash.org
[mailto:gnucash-user-bounces at gnucash.org] On Behalf Of BabaO
Sent: Wednesday, 29 December 2010 10:48 AM
To: gnucash-user at gnucash.org
Subject: Re: Qif Import show Date format unercognized

*Hi Derek,

(Sorry about that, I'm a little confused with the mailing list system)

So I finally found the path to my desktop through terminal and sent the
command line to my specific qif file name and bang I got this incredebly
long list of categories, account names and then dates from these accounts.
(see a section of it in the attachments).

It actually puts a "D" in front of everything !?!

BabaO

Hey BabaO

My qif file which loads into 2.4 ok looks like the following (don't ask me
about the blank lines in the file between the !Type:Bank header and the data
- just my banks way of doing it I guess).
Each transaction simply consists of a D = Date line, T = Transaction amount
line, P = Payee description and then an end transaction line with the '^'
character on it, then the next transaction etc until the end of the file.

If you go to http://web.intuit.com/support/quicken/docs/d_qif.html  you can
read the file definition and see what is expected.

Cheers Dave H.

!Type:Bank

D24/12/10
T-300.00
PCARD ENTRY AT XXXXXXXXXXXX BRANCH
^
D23/12/10
T-300.00
PANZ ATM XXXXXXXXXXX  XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XX
^