Gnucash 2.4.0 (Windows)

FireFly fireflys_98 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 29 20:51:17 EST 2010

--- On Wed, 12/29/10, Richard Bishopp <rbishopp44 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I understand but I have not had to be
> connected to the internet for GnuCash
> to work on my windows vista laptop.  Obviously to
> download the program in
> the first place I was and probably for the install.
>
> I'm tempted to give it a try but I don't know what it would
> take to go back
> to the previous version.
>
> Rich...

Do you now have to be connected to use it? I just ran it on my Windows 7 laptop, installed and ran fine without having any connection to the internet (obviously I had a connection when I downloaded the install package, but that was it).

Having said that, I don't have much of a firewall (well, I have the default windows 7 garbage but) but mostly I only use my Windows laptop for Steam and gaming, so don't care so much about firewall, I know the firewall I used to use (sunbelt personal firewall) was fantastic for what to allow and deny, but didn't work under Windows 7 (last time I tried it).